Mc Yam whose real names are AKINOLA MATTHEW OPEYEMI is one of Nigeria fast rising and talented standup comedian. Mc Yam had shared stage with  Seyi Law,klint D drunk,Dr smile,Remote,Woli Agba,Kenny Blaq, Osho Shot,Bash D Cash,Laff up,ETEYE etc  in an Exclusive Online Interview with TAPZPRO he unleashed his plans, ,experience about how he started the journey sofar, and what made him have interest in comedy. Now let hear from the horse's mouth as he tells us about himself.

Can you tell us little about yourself ?

I'm officially,Akinola Matthew Opeyemi which I rearranged to acronym my stagename YAM(MC YAM) the full of Yemi Akinola Matthew, and fondly called YAMIYAMI and MC ISU, Born March 21,in Sokoto state and now in my third decade on the planet Earth. Though a native of Oyan,Odo-Otin L.G Osun state. From a family of five in which I'm the first. A Christian and lover of God's word. I speak English,Yoruba, and Hausa. I did graduated from Lagos State University,Ojo, English Education. In other words I'm also a teacher by profession And also planning to put in for a communication course soon in any institution to make me a professional and certified communicator and speaker as well as enceeing goes beyond talking.



How did your interest in MC-ING start ?

My interest was geared from my school and church leading and preaching assmemly ground with a little delivery of moral talk back days in secondary school while I was the senior prefect and then it got boosted in acnchoring extra curricular activities and praide night in my church. And people in my church and parents where I was teaching as I was seeking for admission invited me to anchor their children birthdays and other events. I never knew I could make money from it and start as low as I was until I went to a comedy evening with a boss at FESTAC,Dominion Church of Bishop David Benenoch. It was organised by MC Sorosoro now MC Talk talk,that was the first time I met Akpororo,Seyi Law,Elder O and a host of others. That was my booster and ever since I began to train myself following the tutilage of some booses like AY,Dr Smile,Gordons,I GO DYE,Okey Bakassi etc



What's your biggest Joy in comedy ?

My biggest joy in comedy Is the fact that it has created an image and trademark for me. And you know,my stage name YAM at a point I felt like changing it but many advised me to leave it and I'm this kind of person that listen to my fans because they are my fans-mily.



Knowing what you know now, what would you say to yourself when you started comedy ?

I was more like a fool on stage when I first started. You know how it feels now,when you try crack people up and no one is laughing. So I was like the audience and they were the comedian. Lols...but God has been faithful.



What's your relationship status?

My relationship...??? That's personal, although something is fast approaching. Let that remain a surprise to my fans.



What's the biggest crowd you have performed in front of any...where ?

My biggest crowd was LAUGH OUT STRESS with ETEYE. Neca hall,Ikeja with the likes of Arole,Omo baba etc



How do you feel the internet has impacted the comedy business ?

The internet has made it easy for me to I cresee my fan base through my regular post and fee skits.



If you could change anything about the Industry, what would it be ?

I would change, politics



What's next for you ?

Next for me...?? Lols....my home.... settling down.



Aside from comedy, Are you into any business ?

Yes! Am into installation of wallpapers,wallpannels and a real estate agent,we are in buying properties and sales of landed properties.



How much were you paid for your first show ?


A special plate of rice with #2000 and was good to receive to it because I was not expecting any pay. I only saw it as a platform to do what I love to do because the school belongs to one of my church memebers then.



How is your comedy series like EGBON AJERI ?

Egbon Ajeri is cool,we are gaining more views.



Did anybody put you through an intentional plan for comedy ?

No one really!



We always know you as a Gospel Comedian,how did you find yourself in the commercial lane ?


How I found myself as a gospel comedian turn commercial? Hmm......I still ask WHY KENNY BLACK WENT TO PERFORM AT SMALL DOCTOR'S "OMO BETTER CONCERT",DJ KAYWISE JOOR CONCERT AND STILL HOLD THE MIC AT EXPERIENCE,TAPE AND OTHER GOSPEL EVENTS. AND I STILL THINKING HOW AKPORORO,PERFORMS AT EXPERIENCE,ORGANISE PRAISE JAMZ AND STILL VERY DEEP IN COMMERCIAL lol My brother,u wan hear???
Na the hustle. The point is try know what you are doing and know the God you serve.Because we as gospel comedians being invited to commercial events. It is an avenue to spread  our wings and reach out to some souls and let them know about the way, truth and life.



What's can you say about the popular saying ( racking jokes in church is sinful and bad) have you ever experience any ?

Have heard it well but never being told because and not a vulgar comedian. I'm always mindful of my use of words. The Bible supports comedy and not jokes. The meaning of I SAAC would tell you more.



Do you have any concert in mind ?

Yes! My annual comedy concert!
MC YAM LAFTA INVASION. We just had the third edition and now we are coming with the 4th and it promises to be bigger and more colourful.



How closely should you walk with other comedian ?


Working with other comedians is the best and no one is an ireland . Except you don't want to learn.



What advise do you have for young talents who want to go into comedy ?

To put God first and exhert diligence with enough self encouragement.



How do you yourself in the next 5years ? 

 I see myself with my complete nuclear family and easily reaching international shows. With my brand being of of the biggest shows firms would like to partner with and support without any stress persuading them....



It's nice having an Online Exclusive Interview with u sir ?

Big thanks to you for coming through. Bigger you TAPZPRO...



For their next events such as wedding ceremonies, birthdays,book launch etc

Call Mc yam 08164418247...God bless you