We are in a battle of the soul of this nation. But together, it's a battle we can win @ Joe Biden - I'm ready to work.


Kamala Harris is an American lawyer and politician serving as the junior United States Senator from California since 2017. A member of the Democratic Party, Harris is the second African American woman and the first Indian American to serve in the United States Senate. On Twitter she said 


"I'm humbled to be joining Joe in the battle to defeat Donald Trump and build a country that lives up to our values of truth, equalities and justice."




"Joe, I'm so proud to stand with you," Sen. Kamala Harris said on Wednesday during her first campaign event alongside presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.


"Joe am so proud to stand with you and I do so mindful and all the heroic and ambitious woman before me whose sacrifice, determination and resilience makes my presence here today even possible. This is a moment for real consequence for America".


Biden named Harris as his running mate Tuesday, making the California senator the first black and south Asian American woman to run on a major political party's presidential ticket.